Wednesday 13 August 2014

Everything we experience has an effect on us. What do you choose?



I've watched two things today that affected me profoundly and brought me to shaking tears. One was a movie, the other a you-tube video. One was a terrifying trip into the darkest parts of society, and the other was a 5 minute message from the future.

Right now, walking away from The Purge, I still feel sick to the stomach, trembling and crying at the violence of it. The movie was fine - but knowing the reality behind it is what scares me. That if it were to be a part of our reality, human nature would assert itself and we would fall to evil.

Watching Life vs Entropy earlier today, I felt my heart swell with what we could achieve. So I offer it up in the hopes that the good in us can drown the evil. We may be creatures born of darkness and violence, but we can make a choice. We can choose to fall to the dark, or we can rise above to the light, accepting who we are and working to change it. Let there be light.


No comments:

Post a Comment